Stunt nights at camp are always a good time for campers and counselors. Now with a huge circus tent it has a much more cohesive feel than the normal club room. This year I did three different acts. For the first, I was added last minute to one skit as a beat boxer to the international rap. The others in the skit were rapping in Russian, Hebrew, Polish, German, and Finnish. So I decided to come up with something in English to start it off.. It came to me in a nice long shower.
Sabah el-Noor, Ciao, Gutentag
Some come to camp to escape the smog
Whether it's the juniors who play leap frog
Or to come see Danny while he's walking his dog.
The Seniors always flirting and you know they don't sleep
The Pioneers be chilling up with Jagdeep. (mountain hut guide)
The food is tremendous, the view is stupendous
If you need a franc, I have two, I can lend this
But the best thing about this place
Is to turn around to a smile and familiar face
So I'll drop the beat for the international rap
If you enjoy please stand up and clap..
The place went nuts and everyone enjoyed it.. Great confidence booster because I was so nervous beforehand.
Directly after, I was playing Djembe with Kirk for four dancers who did an afro dance. It was invigorating, and the dance was really good. It was one of those dances where there is a call and response between drummers, and then a signal. I wore a bright african garb. For the last one, me, Kirk, Ruth, and Alex played the song grey street. I played the drum set with only with my hands. We jammed hard, and musically we nailed it, but it was hard to make a sound that filled the circus tent, and it left a taste to want to play good music live for people.. (which will happen soon at the jazz bar).
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment