Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cairo Sights


Ok so I took these pictures when I was here in January, but having lost my battery charger in Switzerland and with a cracked camera screen, I think it's fair to put them up to give a sense of the city. Going back through these pictures brings to mind an Egyptian Proverb in a book I just finished .. "He who tastes the sweetness the Nile is destined to drink it again."


The citadel. One of the highest points in Cairo. You can see the Pyramids from here on a clear day.
Another view of it. 
Downtown Cairo, from the citadel.
Busy street corner

"The Cairo Push"

Metro stop near the coptic part of town. 

This is in the other part of town for me, but still in Cairo.

Cheops, the biggest one. 
Camels, cars, pyramids... all standard sights in Giza.

One of the Nile tributaries. 

1 comment:

Alex said...

You tasted the Nile? um. gross. Lets stick to bottled water from now on, ok?

Cool shot of the city from the citadel. Is it usually pretty hazy like that?